Saturday, August 15, 2009

You may call it Clapotis, but I call it Anique!




So I've been working on the clapotis pattern scarf for my dear friend Anique. The scarf is a congratulations gift for her new assignment as a full time teacher this year! This pattern is the most challenging thing I've done so far and you can see a few mistakes but all in all it has been fun. There's something about intentionally dropping a stitch and seeing it unravel itself that's a little bit hard to swallow but liberating at the same time. As a knitter you spend so much time worrying about dropping a stitch that the first one you drop on purpose in this pattern takes a little mental preparation! I'm only about half way done, as the pictures show but I think it will turn out to be a beautiful gift which I hope Anique will enjoy wearing. And if she doesn't like it she can use it to muffle the kids in her classroom who just refuse to behave!

No comments:

Post a Comment